Beyond the Clickbait: Develop Critical Thinking in the Age of Misinformation
Learn the skills to critically analyse, evaluate, and navigate the online world, from social media and memes to news.
Learn the skills to navigate the digital media landscape. Exploring topics such as disinformation, social media algorithms, and conspiracy theories.
- Understand the importance of media literacy and its uses to help you navigate the online world.
- Identify the differences between mis, dis and mal information.
- Learn how to pre and debunk conspiracy theories and discuss the commonalities between different conspiratorial thinking.
- Understanding Social Media Algorithms and how they produce echo chambers.
- How to handle controversial issues you come across online.